Your Most Difficult Math Class

Apr 2015
Bronx, NY
What is the most difficult or challenging math course you have taken?

What made it so hard?

Matt Westwood

MHF Hall of Honor
Jul 2008
Reading, UK
Fluid mechanics, because it required the assimilation of the most complicated differential equations I encountered in my degree. Consequently I found it the most fun.

The course I did worst on was in fact probability and statistics, because I couldn't get interested enough in it to bother to really learn what on earth it was trying to teach me. My bad, not that of the course.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2015
Bronx, NY
Fluid mechanics, because it required the assimilation of the most complicated differential equations I encountered in my degree. Consequently I found it the most fun.

The course I did worst on was in fact probability and statistics, because I couldn't get interested enough in it to bother to really learn what on earth it was trying to teach me. My bad, not that of the course.
Probability is fuzzy math. It is tricky. It is difficult. Most probability questions are word problems written in the TWILIGHT ZONE.

Matt Westwood

MHF Hall of Honor
Jul 2008
Reading, UK
Probability is fuzzy math. It is tricky. It is difficult. Most probability questions are word problems written in the TWILIGHT ZONE.
Sorry, can you back that statement up by using some examples?

Reactions: 1 person