Urgently need help with chemestry!

Sep 2009
Through special sources, I learned that for my practical test tomorrow, my chemical is Br I2 F (which i need to build using VESPR theory). Its hard enough trying to get the lewis diagram (i don't know what is central atom since they're all atoms with 7 valence electrons, how many bonds I have to make to get an overall charge of 0)
So far, I got" I (1 bond) Br (6 bonds) F (1 bond) I "as my lewis structure. I came up with 3 different structures, but i don't know which is right.(Headbang)(Headbang)(Headbang)
Any help please?

mr fantastic

MHF Hall of Fame
Dec 2007
Zeitgeist
Through special sources, I learned that for my practical test tomorrow, my chemical is Br I2 F (which i need to build using VESPR theory). Its hard enough trying to get the lewis diagram (i don't know what is central atom since they're all atoms with 7 valence electrons, how many bonds I have to make to get an overall charge of 0)
So far, I got" I (1 bond) Br (6 bonds) F (1 bond) I "as my lewis structure. I came up with 3 different structures, but i don't know which is right.(Headbang)(Headbang)(Headbang)
Any help please?
You should post your question here: http://www.chemistryhelpforum.com/chemistry-help/