Setting fonts for MathType equation numbering

HCG

Sep 2015
Cinicinnati Ohio
I have been a MathType user for many years, but after reinstalling MT for a new machine (running W7 Professional, Word 2013, MT 6.9), I find that creating a new right-numbered equation does not use the default font in Word (Times Roman), but instead Calibri, which I have never used. Do not see to set this default equation number font in either word or MT.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Apr 2015
Somerset, England
Is this what you are looking for?

Go to Style > Define

Attachments

HCG

Sep 2015
Cinicinnati Ohio
Studiot:

Thanks. I think I discovered the issue -- very elementary, and embarrassing. I thought they had simply done a disk image transfer to my new machine, but in fact they reinstalled Word and simply copied over my document files. The factory default font in Word apparently is Calibri and the document I was editing was one prepared with the version of Word on the old machine. I need just to reset the default font in the new version of Word.

Sorry for the trouble.

HCG

Matt Westwood

MHF Hall of Honor
Jul 2008
Reading, UK
I started using MathType but then discovered that large documents (i.e. with upward of 20 or 30 pages and upwards of 100 cross-page internal label references) became horribly unstable and caused my computer to crash. And Word documents with MathType in them are horrifically big. So I downloaded and installed a LaTeX package and now all my documents are written using that.

It takes a little while to get to grips with (even installation needs serious concentrated effort) but I found it worthwhile. Documents produced in it are beautiful.