periodic functions

May 2010
Palmy
Can anyone solve this??? i am so lost!

Question 1

a)
State the amplitude (A) the period (T) and the frequency (F) for the periodic function - 120sin(100 pi t)V.

b) Through how many degrees does a wheel rotate in 10 ms if its angular velocity is 8 rad/s.

c) Sketch one cycle of the given function showing the values of each variable where the curve crosses the axis. V=50sin(4.2*10^2t)

Jul 2007
New Orleans
Can anyone solve this??? i am so lost!

Question 1

a) State the amplitude (A) the period (T) and the frequency (F) for the periodic function - 120sin(100 pi t)V.

b) Through how many degrees does a wheel rotate in 10 ms if its angular velocity is 8 rad/s.

c) Sketch one cycle of the given function showing the values of each variable where the curve crosses the axis. V=50sin(4.2*10^2t)

Could you show us what you attempted so far or what part is confusing you? The 1st two problems are just using the formulas in your book.

May 2010
Palmy
So far....

I am studying by correspondence and there is basicall next to no information in the materials i have given that really explains this to me. Here's what i can gather

1a) A=120​
T= 100*pi
F=?

b) Is the formula Angle=Angular Velocity*time.......I'm not given a unit for time though

c) i have no idea????

Any help would be very much apprecviated

Jul 2007
New Orleans
I am studying by correspondence and there is basicall next to no information in the materials i have given that really explains this to me. Here's what i can gather

1a) A=120​
T= 100*pi
F=?

b) Is the formula Angle=Angular Velocity*time.......I'm not given a unit for time though

c) i have no idea????

Any help would be very much apprecviated

So you have the amp right but your peroid should be

\(\displaystyle \frac{2\pi}{100\pi} = \frac{1}{50}\)

the freq is the reciprocal of the period

Reactions: GAVREED2
May 2010
Palmy
Thanks

That makes more sense. Thanks heaps. Could you provide any insight into
(b) or (c)? much appreicated