Nspire is giving me incorrect answers??

Apr 2018
Denmark
Hi, Let me illustrate my problem with a couple of screenshots. At the top of the image is my math teachers example, in the buttom is mine. Both are equations are identical but with different results. I've given two examples below but this error goes for all calculations I do! I'm currently doing geometry. Is it a bug in the software?
nyfejl2.jpgskærmbillede sammenligning.jpg

Plato

MHF Helper
Aug 2006
Hi, Let me illustrate my problem with a couple of screenshots. At the top of the image is my math teachers example, in the buttom is mine. Both are equations are identical but with different results. I've given two examples below but this error goes for all calculations I do! I'm currently doing geometry. Is it a bug in the software?
Your teacher is correct. Your answer is for $c^2$ take the sqrt and you will see.

Apr 2018
Denmark
I know he's correct. The problem is that I don't get the same result as his. I mean, I type the exact same equation? There's no differences what so ever, though my result is incorrect. We use the same software program ( TI-Nspire). I think it might be bug in my version of the program?

Apr 2018
Denmark
Square root. Still incorrect. Mine is completely off, wtf? His result is 3.971, mine is still 9.969.
new.jpg

SlipEternal

MHF Helper
Nov 2010
My guess is that you have the program set to radians rather than degrees. Change it to degrees, and it should work fine. I've never used the program, so I do not know how to do that.

Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Intelligence)

Wolframalpha shows your teacher's answer when I use degrees and your answer when I use radians.

Last edited: