mathtype help with office '07

Jan 2009
i have microsoft office ultimate 2007 and mathtype 6. I am trying to get mathtype to replace the equation editor that is installed with word along with all of my keyboard shortcuts. in other words i need to have mathtype open up a new equation editor window when i insert an equation instead of creating the equation inline as it does normally.
I take my notes for my physics classes like that so it is becoming a big deal the longer that i cannot do this. please help me!

Apr 2008
Austin TX
i have microsoft office ultimate 2007 and mathtype 6. I am trying to get mathtype to replace the equation editor that is installed with word along with all of my keyboard shortcuts. in other words i need to have mathtype open up a new equation editor window when i insert an equation instead of creating the equation inline as it does normally.
As long as MathType 6 is installed after Office 2007, you should have a MathType tab on the Ribbon in both Word and PowerPoint. If you don't have the MathType tab on your Ribbon, the first thing to do is to re-install MathType.

You mentioned keyboard shortcuts. If you're using the Alt+= shortcut and expecting it to open MathType, it ain't gonna happen (unless you change the keyboard shortcut assignment). MathType has its own keyboard shortcut, which is Ctrl+Alt+Q. There are other keyboard shorts to insert a MathType display equation and to edit an existing MathType equation. Refer to MathType Help for these.

If you have further problems, feel free to contact our Tech Support folks: support at dessci.com. When you write, be sure to give a full description of your problem, and include your MathType Product Key in all correspondence. (You can find your MathType Product Key by opening MathType, and clicking on Help > About MathType.)

Bob Mathews
Design Science