Linear Regression Equations

Jun 2016
Canada
Hi guys im using Open Office to try to solve math problems and i find its not working for linear equations.

That above is the data ive entered into my open office when I try to tun [h=1]LINEST function or use a t 83 graphing calculator to find the regression equation, I am completely unable to do so. If anyone has any tips on how to find regression equation on a computer or using software, I would be very obliged. [/h]Here are some related articles
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_LINEST_function
Thanks

HallsofIvy

MHF Helper
Apr 2005
What, exactly do you mean by "unable to do so"? Certainly using "Linest" should give you some answer- though here it won't be a very convincing answer because this is far from a straight line!

skeeter

MHF Helper
Jun 2008
North Texas

here is a plot of your data ... hardly looks linear in total. Might be a reasonable linear fit from t = 1 to t = 2.5.

Attachments

Debsta

MHF Helper
Oct 2009
Brisbane
Jun 2016
Canada
Thanks for the feedback guys ive been working it out using statistics by hand. But im still working on it. Ill look at the links youve guys have posted. Thanks again.

Jun 2016
Canada
And actually Linest function in open office dosent give me any answer at all, i cant get the function to work.