Horizontal lines.

Jul 2015
United States
Hi so I checked my answers, I got all of my problems right, but I do not know 2 of them.

Okay so the first problem is : (7,-6) it said "find the equation of the horionztal line passing through (7,-6) so I put the answer -6

second problem: "find the equation of the horizontal passing through (-1,-3) I put answer -3

Is there a difference between the two problems, or is it just worded differently?

Thank you.

HallsofIvy

MHF Helper
Apr 2005
Hi so I checked my answers, I got all of my problems right, but I do not know 2 of them.

Okay so the first problem is : (7,-6) it said "find the equation of the horionztal line passing through (7,-6) so I put the answer -6

second problem: "find the equation of the horizontal passing through (-1,-3) I put answer -3

Is there a difference between the two problems, or is it just worded differently?

Thank you.
Did the second actually say "the horizontal" rather than "the horizontal line"? That's strange. But to answer your question, the two questions are basically the same, just with different numbers. However, I would not agree that either of your answers was correct! The problem asked you to "find the equation" and neither "-3" or "-6" is an equation! The correct answers are "y= -6" and "y= -3".

Now, you say "I got all of my problems right, but I do not know 2 of them." What do you mean by "I do not know 2 of them"? Are you saying that you guessed at the answers?