Help with Matrices and Computer Graphics [Simple]

May 2016
British Columbia
Hi everyone!

I'm writing a small 6–12 page assessment for my Grade 11 work (Math IA for the Diploma Programme) and I have chosen to write about an application of Matrices and how they can be used to translate, rotate, and scale different objects when working with computer graphics! I've found a similar paper about this, but I'm only in Grade 11 and we have not ever talked about matrices before. I've done a little bit of research and so I know how to add and multiply matrices, but I'm not catching on to figure out what other people have done to their matrices in these papers. If anyone could help me interpret and break down the translation section from the paper above, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Jul 2015
United States
Why not write something you are more comfortable with? And maybe something that correlates with the coursework from that class. Just my opinion.

May 2016
British Columbia
I have the option to do that; I just thought it would be nice to show personal engagement by doing something I was interested in and this fits the bill for me! :) It's also weird because Matrices were in the curriculum, but they were removed in 2014 to save time I guess, so the level of math shouldn't be too far-fetched.