help determine sqft of my lawn.

Mar 2010
you guys were great in the past in helping me determine sqft of my pool (walls and floor) and the gallons it can hold. I now need to determine my odly shaped lawn how many sqft it is. I need to order sod for it and make it beautiful but i dont want to order too little and obviously not way too much. I expect to over estimate a little so there is some left over, but not a ton.

My lawn is the one to the right of the 27 foot mark you see here. that 27 foot line is the property line. I am going to go right to my property line. It's screwy, but can you help me get close? Thank you math genius's :)

lawn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

earboth

MHF Hall of Honor
Jan 2006
Germany
you guys were great in the past in helping me determine sqft of my pool (walls and floor) and the gallons it can hold. I now need to determine my odly shaped lawn how many sqft it is. I need to order sod for it and make it beautiful but i dont want to order too little and obviously not way too much. I expect to over estimate a little so there is some left over, but not a ton.

My lawn is the one to the right of the 27 foot mark you see here. that 27 foot line is the property line. I am going to go right to my property line. It's screwy, but can you help me get close? Thank you math genius's :)
I've made a rough sketch. Unfortunately you didn't mark the right angles of your lot. The values of areas are written in the parts of the lot which I used for the calculations.

I've got nearly 470 sqft.

Remark: The first sketch is incomplete. Therefore I uploaded the corrected one but I am not able to delete the first file. So please ignore the first sketch where the large (green) quarter circle is missing. The calcualtions correspond to the 2nd sketch.

Attachments

Nov 2007
Trumbull Ct
Hello Earboth,
Why are you using centimeters in your sketch. Is this your model on a reduced scale.

bjh

Mar 2010
Woah! That is an awesome diagram you made. It looks to be good to me, and I will over-estimate a little bit so I have some extra as some pieces of sod may not be good or i may screw up or something. Neat image you made, cool software. Thank you so much.
I've made a rough sketch. Unfortunately you didn't mark the right angles of your lot. The values of areas are written in the parts of the lot which I used for the calculations.

I've got nearly 470 sqft.

Remark: The first sketch is incomplete. Therefore I uploaded the corrected one but I am not able to delete the first file. So please ignore the first sketch where the large (green) quarter circle is missing. The calcualtions correspond to the 2nd sketch.