Data Forecasting (Wind Speed)

Dec 2015
Germany
Hi, I am engineer, therefore, know very little about the typical terminologies of stat and forecasting. Anyway, I tried to explain my prob. in simple word. I want to generate/forecast wind speed values. The data, I have are: I) Mean II) Max. and Min. differences from mean for the whole period III) Probability distribution of wind speed. Any suggestion or approach, please..

Jan 2015
Do you have a particular model in mind? Models can be like equations that describe the behavior of factors that you want to forecast.

Dec 2015
Germany
@mekun: Thanks for reply. Infact, I was thinking about first order auto-regression model (current value= last value*regression coefficient+noise function). However, the problem was of regression coefficient determination. I have one day mean hourly pattern, which I think can help to derive the coefficient. Anyway, this is my guess. If you can recommend alternative in the case, please...

Jan 2015
I usually use AR(1) models in econometrics, like forecasting economic growth, etc. I am not very familiar of its use in forecasting weather-related factors. Anyway, estimating the coefficient is easier with a statistical software. Eviews is the software I can readily think of. It has a very convenient time series tools. But I think, any statistical software that does regression can do it. It would be best to pick the software you are most familiar with.

Jan 2015
You may also want to check out agent-based modeling (ABM). I believe wind patterns operate in a very complex manner. Complexity is one of the areas being modeled in ABM.

Dec 2015
Germany
@mekum: Thank you very much...I try