Results 1 to 7 of 7

Math Help - simple question

  1. #1
    Junior Member lanzailan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    27

    simple question

    can anybody solve this question?
    it just a simple question but i forgot because i left math behind for a long time..

    simplify cos^2(x)/(1-sinx)

    thanks in advance
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Oct 2005
    From
    Earth
    Posts
    1,599
    Is the sin(x) in the denominator supposed to be squared or not? Just wondering. It's not now as I see it.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    36
    (1+sin x)

    just write cos^2x=(1-sin^2 x)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Junior Member lanzailan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
    Is the sin(x) in the denominator supposed to be squared or not? Just wondering. It's not now as I see it.
    no.. not to be squared
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Junior Member lanzailan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by sbcd90 View Post
    (1+sin x)

    just write cos^2x=(1-sin^2 x)
    that's it?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    From
    West Malaysia
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by lanzailan View Post
    can anybody solve this question?
    it just a simple question but i forgot because i left math behind for a long time..

    simplify cos^2(x)/(1-sinx)

    thanks in advance
    \frac{cos^2x}{1-sinx}

    =\frac{(1-sin^2x)}{1-sinx}

     =\frac{(1+sinx)(1-sinx)}{1-sinx}

    What is left ?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    Junior Member lanzailan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by mathaddict View Post
    \frac{cos^2x}{1-sinx}

    =\frac{(1-sin^2x)}{1-sinx}

     =\frac{(1+sinx)(1-sinx)}{1-sinx}

    What is left ?
    thanks anyway..
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. [SOLVED] Really simple question too hard for a simple mind
    Posted in the Statistics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 5th 2010, 09:03 AM
  2. Easy Question - Simple Interest, Simple Discount
    Posted in the Business Math Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 21st 2010, 09:22 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 4th 2010, 10:08 AM
  4. Simple Integral Question (I think it's simple)
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 13th 2010, 03:37 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 30th 2009, 03:59 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum