Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - just checking

  1. #1
    Newbie veronica mars's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13

    just checking

    ok i finished the problem but i want 2 know what u got...

    the sides of a parallelogram are 4.0cm and 6.0cm. One angle is 58 degrees while another is 122 degrees. Find the lengths of the diagonals of the parallelogram.

    I got one diagonal as 5.2 and the other as 8.8
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor Mathstud28's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    From
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641

    The

    Quote Originally Posted by veronica mars View Post
    ok i finished the problem but i want 2 know what u got...

    the sides of a parallelogram are 4.0cm and 6.0cm. One angle is 58 degrees while another is 122 degrees. Find the lengths of the diagonals of the parallelogram.

    I got one diagonal as 5.2 and the other as 8.8
    answer should be 7.211...did you figure out it was a right triangle?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie veronica mars's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13

    no....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathstud28 View Post
    answer should be 7.211...did you figure out it was a right triangle?
    i just did the formula u gave me for the other problem with the two angles to find the lengths of the diagonals
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor Mathstud28's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    From
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641

    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by veronica mars View Post
    i just did the formula u gave me for the other problem with the two angles to find the lengths of the diagonals
    but did you realize that the \theta we are using in this case is 180-\frac{122}{2}-\frac{58}{2}=90 in which case the formula I gave you reverts back to the pythagorean theorem since the cos(90)=0 elminating the last term
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie veronica mars's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathstud28 View Post
    but did you realize that the \theta we are using in this case is 180-\frac{122}{2}-\frac{58}{2}=90 in which case the formula I gave you reverts back to the pythagorean theorem since the cos(90)=0 elminating the last term
    no. now i am even more confused than i already was, but its ok. im getting this whole assignment wrong anyways its the beginning of the quarter. i will be able to bounce back.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. just checking, again :)
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 20th 2010, 11:06 AM
  2. checking
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 26th 2009, 11:42 AM
  3. Help checking whether this is right
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 8th 2009, 12:33 PM
  4. Just Checking
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 7th 2007, 08:00 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 11th 2007, 11:11 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum