Have you read your textbook or tried any of these problems?
To find the x-intercept, set x=0 and solve for y.
To find the y-intercept, set y=0 and solve for x (you may get multiple solutions).
1. Find the x and y-intercepts of X² / x²-x-6
2. Find the vertical asymptote of (x-8)(x+4) / x²-1
3. Find the slant asymptote of x²+2x-3 / x-5
4. Assume that θ is an acute angle in a right triangle. Evaluate the indicated trigonometric function
tan θ =1/3; csc θ
5. Phase shift of -2+2sin(3x+pi/2)
6. Exact value of arcsin(-(sqrt3)/2)
Q 5. Compare The expression with the standard from i.e., f(x) = A sin ( Bx + C ) + D the phase shift is given by C. In this case the phase shift is pi/2
Q 6. arcsin(-(sqrt3)/2) that means we want to find that angle for which sin has the value -(-(sqrt3)/2).
We have learnt that Sinθ = √3/2 for θ= π/3 and also trigonometric ratio sine is negative in 3rd and 4th Quadrant.
Therefore Sinθ = - √3/2 for θ = π+ π/3= 4π/3 and 2π- π/3= 5π/3.