Results 1 to 7 of 7

Math Help - Solve 2pi = 6 cos^-1 (3x)

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18

    Solve 2pi = 6 cos^-1 (3x)

    Find the exact solution of the equation 2pi = 6 cos^-1 (3x)


    My answer: x= 1/6

    Seems too simple to be correct
    Last edited by mr fantastic; October 9th 2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Re-titled.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    From
    USA
    Posts
    3,111
    Thanks
    2

    Re: Is this correct?

    No one should care what it "seems". One should care what it IS!

    Again, why do you doubt?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Is this correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by TKHunny View Post
    No one should care what it "seems". One should care what it IS!

    Again, why do you doubt?
    Dude are you trying to troll?

    Im asking an honest question that I want answered.

    Is the answer I posted correct in relation to the question?

    Why do I doubt? Because to err is human.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    From
    USA
    Posts
    3,111
    Thanks
    2

    Re: Is this correct?

    You are ignoring the important question. You are NOT having trouble working the problem. You are having trouble with your confidence. For this reason, I ask, "Why do you doubt?" Answer the question. My honest question is no less honest than yours. Did you do something wrong on purpose? Can you prove every step of your process? Can you reproduce every step of your process? Answer these questions and gain confidence in your work.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Is this correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by TKHunny View Post
    You are ignoring the important question. You are NOT having trouble working the problem. You are having trouble with your confidence. For this reason, I ask, "Why do you doubt?" Answer the question. My honest question is no less honest than yours. Did you do something wrong on purpose? Can you prove every step of your process? Can you reproduce every step of your process? Answer these questions and gain confidence in your work.
    Alright if you are going to try and go all Confucius on me. Please don't. If you are saying yes it is right. Then say why yes you hit the nail on the head.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    From
    USA
    Posts
    3,111
    Thanks
    2

    Re: Is this correct?

    You are assuming that because you are asking for help that you know the kind of help you need. This is a common fallacy.

    Show how you worked the problem. Show ALL intermediate steps. Let's figure out why you don't have confidence in your result by the time you get to the end.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Is this correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by TKHunny View Post
    You are assuming that because you are asking for help that you know the kind of help you need. This is a common fallacy.

    Show how you worked the problem. Show ALL intermediate steps. Let's figure out why you don't have confidence in your result by the time you get to the end.
    OK, I did it right.
    Last edited by mr fantastic; October 9th 2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. need to solve summation equation to solve sum(x2)
    Posted in the Statistics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 16th 2010, 11:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 9th 2009, 11:37 PM
  3. how do i solve this?
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 2nd 2008, 03:58 PM
  4. how to solve ..
    Posted in the Advanced Algebra Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 2nd 2008, 09:17 AM
  5. please help me solve this
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 1st 2008, 10:50 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum