Hey guys, I have a pretty botchy understanding of trigonomety. My class has not started trigonometry yet, but I was interested so I tried to learn some. The question I have is this:
1. I see that the first term(sine of 45) will be
2. I see that the second term(cosine of 60) will be
3. Now, I get a bit confused. I realize that the third term is the tangent of 135. I kind of took a stab at this and said that it was -tan45 (this is purely guesswork). That gave me -1.
4. And the confusion grows. I evaluate the fourth term as 1/sin(225). I'm pretty sure sin225= -sin45, and so this gave me .
5. So i take the fifth term as 1/cos(240), which i think is 1/-cos60. I get this to equal -2.
Once I compile all of this, I get
This is one of the answer choices, but I'm not sure if I messed up somewhere. Any help is appreciated.
And one quick side question:
Is tan(x)= -tan(180-x)?
Thank you for any help.