What ideas have you had so far?
If someone could help me with this question it would be much appreciated.
A man always drives at the same speed. He makes it from A direct to C in 30 minutes; from A through B to C in 35 minutes; and from A through D to C in 40 minutes. How fast does he drive?
See the attachment for a picture of the problem.
2. I've modified your sketch a little bit (see attachment)
3. By the definition of speed: you know:
4. You'll get a system of equations:
Solve for (x, y, z).
5. If - and only if - you use integers for z then the 1st tripel which satisfies the given conditions is . The 1st tripel which consists of integers would be (11, 14, 18)
6. Depending on the value of z the speed is