1. If the 20 inch (radius) blades of a ceiling fan are rotating at the rate of 4 revolutions per second, what is the linear speed (in ft/min) if the outer tip of the blades??
2. Right triangle. opp side=7, adj=10, hyp=x. Theta is between 7 and x, beta is between x and 10.
Find: theta, beta, x, sin theta, cos beta, tan theta, sec theta, csc beta, cot theta.
and using exact values: show that cos@^2 + sin@^2=1
3. 27 inch (diameter) wheels on a bike are rotating 5pi radians per second.
-what is the equivlaent rate in revolutions per minute??
-linear speed of the bike in mph?
-if the bike is pulling a little kid in a cart with 5 inch radius wheels, at how many revs per minute at the 5 inch wheels turning?
4. Show a detailed graph of y=3sin(1.5x-(pi/2))+2 for 0<x<2pi
- determine first two x intercepts
-determine first relative max pt.
-determine rel min pt after x=3
-what is the amplitude?
show manual steps to determine period, and what is the phase shift
5. theta=arctan(x/9)=tan^-1(x/9) complete the labels of the 3 sides of the right traingle and determine sin theta and cos theta in terms of x. (x is given opposite lower corner of right angle)
6. what angle (degrees and radians) is measured by a 2 inch arc ona circle with radius of 1/2 inch.
7. tan(-4pi/3)=____,reference angle=____, quadrant=____
cos500=___, ref angle=? quadrant= ?
sec25degrees=csc(___) ?= 1/cos(___) ? = ?
8. assume the moon orbits the earth in a circular way every 27 days witht he earth being the center of the circular orbit. the moon is aprx 240,000 miles from the center of the earth. at how many mph is the moon moving???
I would very much appriciate if someone tackled some of these problems. I have done some of them but would like to see other peoples answers. THANKS