...1) How many radians does the minute hand of a clock rotate during your birthday?
how many revolutions does the minute hand make in 24 hours?
how many radians in one revolution?
2) A circular sector has an area of 122 cm^2 and a radius of 2 cm. what is the arc length of the sector?
3) If the radius of a circular sector is 5 m and the arc length is 10 cm, find the central angle of the sector.
see the second equation in (2)
4) A ferris wheel has a radius of 35.5 ft. if the ferris wheel completes one revolution in 30 sec, find the velocity of the outer edge in m.p.h. Use V=W*R
one rev in 30 sec is 2 rev/min
1. convert rev/min to rad/hr
2. convert 35.5 ft to miles
5) find to four sig digits in radians, for 0 ≤ theta < 2pi, if sec(theta)= -0.3422 and csc (theta) > 0.
if sec(t) < 0 and csc(t) > 0 , then what quadrant is (t) in ?
remember sec(t) = 1/cos(t)