I'm not very good at math and these questions are either stumping me or I don't remember what the teacher said. I don't need the answer spelled out or anything just some instructions on how to actually do them. Thanks =)
1. Given a triangle with b = 7, c = 3 , and A = 37° what is the length of a? Round to the nearest tenth.
2. Use SOLVTRI to find the missing sides and angles of triangle ABC where angle A= 51 degrees angle C= 76.3 and side C = 50. --- I have no idea what SOLVTRI is one of the questions in the book said to use it and I don't think the teacher mentioned it in class.
3.The sun always illuminates half of the moon’s surface, except during a lunar eclipse. The illuminated portion of the moon visible from Earth varies as it revolves around Earth resulting in the phases of the moon. The period from a full moon to a new moon and back to a full moon is called a synodic month and is 29 days, 12 hours, and 44.05 minutes long. Write a sine function that models the fraction of the moon’s surface which is seen to be illuminated during a synodic month as a function of the number of days, d, after a full moon. [Note: full moon equals illuminated.]
4. Eastport, Maine, has among the highest tides in the United States. Write a cosine function that models the oscillation of Eastport’s tides if their amplitude is 9 feet 8 inches, the equilibrium point is 12 feet 3 inches, the phase shift is -2.68 hours, and the period is 12.34 hours.
5. Find the area of a sector with a central angle of 32° and a radius of 8.5 millimeters. Round to the nearest tenth.
6. For a circle of radius 8 feet, find the arc length s subtended by a central angle of
7. Change 290° to radian measure in terms of p.
Thanks in advance for the help.. I really need to do well in this class!