1. You are choosing curtains, paint, and carpet for your room.
You have 12 choices of curtains, 8 choices of paint, and 16 choices
of carpeting. How many different ways can you choose curtains,
paint, and carpeting for your room?
2. Nine books are taken from a shelf and laid in a stack on a
table. In how many different orders can the books be stacked?
3. You have forgotten the combination of the lock on your
school locker. There are 60 numbers on the lock, and the correct
combination is "R___ - L___ - R___." How many possible combinations
4. If twelve basketball teams are in a tournament, find the
number of different ways that first, second, and third place can be
decided. (Assume there are no ties.)
5. A discussion panel consisting of 4 women and 5 men is to be
seated behind a long table at an open town meeting. In how many
ways can the panel be seated if women and men must be placed in
6. Next year you are taking math, English, history, world
language, chemistry, physics, and physical education. Each class is
offered during each of the seven periods in the day. In how many
different orders can you schedule your classes?
I think for #1, I multiply all of the numbers? #6, is that 7ncr7? Im not sure about that one. The rest I dont know.