1. In how many ways can 6 boys and 4 girls be seated at a round table?
2. In how many ways can a student committee of 8 boys and 9 girls be selected from 13 boys and 15 girls?
3.A quarterback has a series of six plays possible. If the coach asks the quarterback not to repeat any plays in a game, how many different orders of plays is possible?
4. In how many ways can six girls and six boys in a choir stand in a line if boys and girls must alternate positions?
5. From a group of 27 contest winners, 18 will be chosen to receive a computer prize package. In how many ways can you choose these 18 from 27 winners?
6. How many ways can you pick a vice president, a president and a treasurer from a group of 8 boys and 7 girls if:
- There are no restrictions
-There must be at least 2 boys chosen
-There must be at least 1 girl chosen
7. In how many different ways can you arrange 9 flags in a row if there are 4 red flags and 5 blue flags?
8. If there are 14 books on the shelf, in how many ways can you arrange them if:
-With no restrictions
-They are not in alphabetical order by author (assume different authors)
9. How many different ways can you arrange ALL the letters of the word PARALLELEPIPED ?
10. In a small drama club of 18 students, 8 students are to be chosen as “Extras” in the play 4 students are to be selected as stage heads, and the rest will be on the promotions committee. In how many ways can you do this?
11. If the call letters of Canadian broadcasting stations must begins with the letter C, how many different names can be made for a station using 3 call letters where repetitions are allowed?