I am stuck with the following simulation problem:
John is collecting a set of 4 Native Birds cards, from Oatie Flakes cereal packets.
The manufacturers of Oatie Flakes found that some of their machines malfunctioned and 20% of the packets of cereal contain 2 Native Birds cards instead of 1 card.
1. Design a simulation to predict the number of packets of Oatie Flakes that are required to obtain a full set of Native Birds cards.
Describe the simulation in sufficient detail so that another person could repeat it without your help.
2.Carry out the simulation and record the results.
3.Use your simulation to work out how many packets of Oatie Flakes are needed, on average, to get a complete set.
I don,t know how to start it using Calculator as random number generator.
What I Think:
- Use 4Ran#+1 where 1,2,3,4 represents each native bird
- use10ran#+1 to represent 1,2 as boxes with 2 bird cards
- 3-10 represents boxes with single bird card.
- How to simulalate after that?
- How will I show my working on paper?
- I am stuck here??????????????
Kindly help me with this problem.
- If I get 1,2 at calculator for 2 bird cards how I know whether these boxes contain both cards of same bird or of differenrt birds?