Ok so im Having a pretty hard time with this statistics course im taking I keep getting stuck and now i'm stuck on these 2 questions can someone please let me know how to do these and maybe a bit of info on why this is the way its done. just trying to make sense of this. I'd like to solve the questions on my own just trying to figure out what formula and how to know when I should use which formula. Also if anyone knows of any websites that have some good good basic business statistics learning info please let me know, my text book is not very helpful. Thanks!!
7. Thirty percent of the workers in company XYZ take public transportation daily to go to work. In a sample of ten workers, what is the probability that (6 marks)
- four workers take public transportation to work daily?
- at most, two people take public transportation to work daily?
- at least three people take public transportation to work daily?
8. Customers arrive at a particular ATM at the rate of 30 customers per hour.
- What is the probability of three customers arriving in a five minute-time interval?
- What is the probability of at least three customers arriving in a five-minute interval?
- What is the probability of no customers arriving in a five-minute interval?