Results 1 to 3 of 3

Math Help - question about probability

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    21

    Question question about probability

    There will be a party on thursday which be held outdoors if it does not rain. If it rains, it will be move on friday and held outdoors it it does not rain and indoors if it rains. What is the probability that it will be held outdoors if the probability of raining on thursday is 40% and the probability that it till not rain on friday if it rains on thursday is 60%
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by FailCalculus View Post
    There will be a party on thursday which be held outdoors if it does not rain. If it rains, it will be move on friday and held outdoors it it does not rain and indoors if it rains. What is the probability that it will be held outdoors if the probability of raining on thursday is 40% and the probability that it till not rain on friday if it rains on thursday is 60%
    Draw a tree diagram to see that the answer is (0.4)(0.6) + 0.6 = ....
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    21
    thanks i got it. the answer is 0.84
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 10th 2013, 03:11 PM
  2. probability question
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 20th 2010, 10:30 AM
  3. Probability question involving (A given B type question )
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 9th 2009, 10:08 AM
  4. Probability question need help
    Posted in the Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 27th 2009, 08:17 PM
  5. A probability question and an Expectations question
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 29th 2006, 07:13 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum