i have a problem for which i hope to get some help here.

i have a time-series dataset that, say, runs from 2000 to 2009 (10 years). for each year, i have measured this quantity called T several times, whereby the number of T does not exceed 10 per year. what i wish to do is to find out if T exhibits any statistically-significant changes in this period. is there any statistical treatment that is most suited to such a task?

one of the things that i can do is to group the data into 2-year groups and then work out the mean and standard deviation for each group. i am also told that the t-test may be what i am looking for.

will appreciate any suggestions!