Please help showing me the working out would be great as i need to learn how to do them
The cost of a standard 12 game card (where you select 12 combinations of six numbers) is $4.05c
$8 million is spent by the public each week on lotteries
60% of the takings are returned to winners
The government share is 36%
The lottery organisation receives 4%
1. What is the cost of 1 game?
2. How many games on average are played each week?
3. Show that the probability of winning first division (6 numbers correct) in any one game is 1/8145060
4.What is the probability of not winning first devision?
5. If you buy a 12 game card, what is the probability of winning with one of the games?
6. How many first division winners are expected each week, assuming each player buys only one standard 12 game card?