I have no idea how to answer these (note: there are just a couple questions out of 52, and I can't for the life of me answer them).
Please provide an answer, and an explanation would be extremely appreciated, please and thank you.
1. In how many ways can you have a snack if you find 3 apples, 2 bananas and 4 cookies on the kitchen counter?
2. Solve the following equation for n, where n is a natural number.
C (n+1, 3) = C(n,2)
3. A box contains 6 blue socks and 4 white socks. Find the number of ways 2 socks can be drawn from the box where:
4. A teacher organizing a field trip finds that 50 students have signed up. However, the bus has only 47 seats, so a few students will have to travel by car. The teacher and one other supervisor must go on the bus. Explain two different methods for using combinations to find how each teacher can choose which students go on the bus. Show that both methods produce the same answer.
- there are no restrictions
- they are different colors
- they are the same color