I'm not sure if I did problems 1 and 3 correctly and I am not sure about how to do the others. I want to make sure I am answering them correctly in the right context.
Problems 1-5, consider the following. From 1986 to 1998, the number of pairs of bald eagles was recorded every two years. The data is reported in the table below.
1. Find the linear function y= mx + b that best models the data.
When I used the linear regression on the calculator I got :
Y = ax+ b
a = 326.3
When I wrote it out, the answers are m= 4449-1875/1994-1986= 2574/8 = 321.8
Is that what they wanted me to find?
2. Interpret the slope of the line you found in Problem 1.
3. According to your model how many pairs of bald eagles were there in
When I used calculator : y= 6449.4
When I wrote it out:
y= mx = b
y= 321.8 (2000)+B
4. According to your model, when will there be 10,000 pairs of bald eagles?
5. In 1963, there were 417 pairs of bald eagles. How well does the function
in Problem 1 model the data for that year?