please help me!!!
Could somebody tell me how to solve these problems for my test tomorrow? Please explain as you're solving. Thank yoU!!
In a clinical study of weight loss, seventy men were each asked to set a goal of losing 12 lbs. Their weights at the outset of teh study are described in the Initial Weights column of the table below. Complete the Traget Weights column.
1. Apply the translation T(x,y) = (x+1, y-2) to each of the following functions to write equations for their images.
a) f(x) = x^2 (x square)
b) f(x) = |x|
c) f(x) = x^3 (x cube)
d) f(x) = 1/x^2
2. Let g(x) = |x-2| + 5. State a rule for a translation that maps f(x) = |x| onto g(x).
4. Let g(x) = (x+4)^2 - 1. State a rule for a translation that maps f(x) = x^2 onto g(x).
5. Kim scored 85 on a Latin test on which the mean was 80, and the standard deviation was 4.2. Her score on a history test was 62. On the history test, the mean was 55, and the standard deviation was 5.1. On which test did she do better compared to her classmates?
6. If T(x,y) = (x-2, y+3), find the images of each of the following points.