(1) there are 65 tickets in the raffle for the $480 tv. So the probability of winning is 1/65... so expected value of a ticket is
(2) Probability without replacement;
Probability with replacement;
3 and 4 look fine to me..
I have a 4-question worksheet and I think I have them all correct except for one:
1) A sorority sold 65 tickets in a raffle for a $480 TV set. What is the expected value of a single ticket if only one ticket wins?
- I'm stumped.
The other 4 questions I believe are correct--could someone confirm?
2) A box contains 4 blue cards and 3 red cards. If 2 cards are drawn one at a time, find the probability that both are red with replacement and without replacement.
- 9/49 with replacement
- 1/7 without replacement
3) Two dice are rolled. What are the odds against rolling a sum of 4 or 11?
4) In a NASA rocket firing, the probability of success of the 1st stage=70%, 2nd stage=56%, and 3rd stage=80%. What is the probability for success fir the three stage rocket?
- (70/100) x (56/100) x (80/100) = 196/625