probability using die and deck of cards? help!
At this current moment, I am completely stuck. I am currently in Business Statistics and have been thrown a last minute project that I just dont get? (Headbang)
I need help with number 1, 2 and 3(d).
Im not looking for the answers but for someone to please explain to me how to get started...Thank you so very much.
- 1. You are to use one (1) die and cast it 8 times. Record each outcome. After you have recorded your outcomes, compute the probability of the series of outcomes you encountered being duplicated.
- 2. Using a 2-sided coin, toss the coin 4 times. Record your outcomes then compute the probability of experiencing 4 heads against the probability of your recorded outcomes.
- 3. Use your deck of playing cards. Remove the Jokers. (Record each draw)
- A. What is the probability that you will draw the Ace of Hearts on your first try?
- B. Whatever card you drew in Part A, return it to the deck. What is the probability that you will draw that same card on your second draw?
- C. Do not replace the second card drawn. What is the probability you will draw a card from the same suit on your third draw?
- D. What is the probability (without replacing any draw) that you will draw 5 cards from the same suit in 5 consecutive draws?