These look pretty basic... have you tried any at all?Need help with these questions for a test review.
7. Write the first five terms of the sequence defined by the recursive formula:
t1 = 2 , tn = 1 / tn-1
8. For the geometric series 6 + 3 + 3/2 + 3/4 + .... find: (leave you answer as a fraction in lowest terms)
a) the tenth term
b) the sum of the first ten terms
9. In a geometric sequence t5 = 48 and t8 = 384. Find tn.
10. Evaluate: 20 + 14 + 8 + ..... + (-70)
11. In an arithmetic series t1 = 6 and S9 = 108. Find the common difference and sum of the first 20 terms.
12. In an arithmetic series, S11 = 297 and S24 =1428, find tn.
13. A doctor prescribes 200 mg of medication on the first day of treatment. The dosage is halved each day for one week. To the nearest milligram what is the total amount of medication taken by the patient after 1 week?