1. You require the solution to where .I need some help with function problems. Thanks!!!
1. find the domain of p(x)=(x^2-2x/x-1) all under a square root sign.
I was thinking that x could not equal 1,2 the 1 would make the denominator 0 and the 2 would make the numerator 0. So I have no idea because it wasn't the right answer at all.
2. Given the function f(x)=1/x+1 Mr F says: Is it (1/x) + 1 or 1/(x+1)?
find the following expression and simplfy: f(a+h)-f(a)/h
3. Find the average rate of change of the function f(t)=(t)^1/2 so t square rooted. between t=a and t=a+t Mr F says: Should this be t = a + h?
I got to here
I know that in the denominator the a's cancel out leaving h, but I have no idea what to do with the top. Mr F says: Do nothing. Becuase there's nothing to do.
For these problems I need help finding the domain and range. I guess I don't really understand the range either.
what is the Domain and range?
Mr F says: Draw a graph of this parabola to see what each will be. The range is all possible values of y.
2. f(x)=x^2+1 given the restriction -1<or equal x <or equal 5
The domain is [-1,5]
what is the range?
Mr F says: Again, draw a graph of this parabola over the given domain to see what each will be. The range is all possible values of y.
is there a simple way to figure this out?