I need a little help trying to figure out a percentage. I know how to calculate percentages but Ive never seen a problem like this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (Headbang)
Program development is only one phase in the overall software development procedure. Assuming that documentation and maintenance require 64% of the total software effort (the remainder being for development and design) in providing a system, and using Table 1.1 (just percents I put below), determine the amount of effort required for initial program coding as a percentage of total software effort.
Analyze the problem 10%
Develop a solution 20%
Code the solution 20%
Test the program 50%
I am not a software developer so I am going to assume for this problem that the overall process consists of "documentation", "initial program coding", and "maintenance". Further, since the percentages you give at the end add up to 100%, I will assume that they are percentages of "initial program coding" only.
Originally Posted by ur5pointos2slo
If "documentation" and "maintenance" account for 64% of the overall process, that leaves 100- 64= 36% for "initial program coding".
Now: "Analyze the problem" is 10% of "initial program coding" so it is 10% of 36%. What is that?
"Develop a solution" is 20% of "initial program coding" so it is 20% of 36%. What is that?
Yes that's what I was thinking I needed to do but needed a second opinion. Thanks
Originally Posted by HallsofIvy