I have 13 questions out of a larger group that I need some direction with.
If anyone wants to answer them, go for it, if not get me started please. I did fine with my others, these I can only think of bits or pieces I may need.
Thanks ahead of time.
1. Determine the perpendicular distance between the parallel lines y=2x+3 and y=2x-5.
2. Find the sum of the x and y intercepts of the line x/4 + y/8=2.
3. Find the focal width of the parabola y=2(x)squared.
4. Find the focus of the parabola ysquared-6y-4x=17=0.
5. Which of the conic sections have the property that the ratio of the distance from a point P on the curve to a fixed point F to the distance from P to a fixed line is a positive constant less than 1?
6. A line is drawn tangent to the ellipse xsquared + 3ysquared = 84 at the point (3,5). Determine the area in the first quadrant below the tangent line.
7. Find the foci of the hyperbola xsquared/17 - ysquared/8 = 1.
8. Determine the eccentricity of the hyperbola 2ysqrd-3xsqrd=1.
9. Determine the asymptotes of the hyperbola xsqrd-ysqrd/4=1.
10. Find an equation for the hyperbola with vertices (0,+/- 3) and foci (0,+/- 5).
11. Find the vertices of the hyperbola 9ysqrd-18y-4xsqrd-16x-43=0.
12. Find the equations for the directrices of the hyperbola xsqrd/16-ysqrd/9=1.
13. Find an equation for the ellipse with vertices (+/- 3,0) and directrices x=+/-4.