1. Which function has a negative average rate of change on the interval 1<x<4?
a) f(x) = x^2 - x - 1
b) g(x) = 1.6x - 2
c) h(x) = -x^2 + 9
d j(x) = -3
2. For which value of x is the instantaneous rate of change of h(x) = 0.5x^2 + x - 2 closest to 0?
a) x= -1
b) x= -1
c) x= 0
d x= 1
3. Martin walks 5 m toward a motion sensor over the course of 10 s, at a constant speed. What would be the slope of the segment representing this walk on a distance versus time graph?
4. A student is walking in a straight line infront of a motion sensor. The sensor begins collecting data when the student is 6 m away. The student walks toward the sensor for 4 s at a rate of 1m/s. Then she walks away from the sensor for 8 s at a rate of 0.5 m/s. Which of the points is on the graph of the distance versus time?
a) (6, 0)
c) (10, 6)
5. Myra is riding a Ferris Wheel. Her height h(t), in metres above the ground at time t seconds, can be modelled by h(t) = 10sin(6(t-20)) + 10. At what time will Myra's car be at its greatest height?
6. At which point on the graph of f(x) = -x^2 -2x + 15 is the slope of the tangent 0?
b. (-1, 16)
c. (0, 15)
For the image below, (number 5 and 6)
for the first graph where it says, Which graph models walking directly away from a motion sensor at a constant rate?
It is letter C?
For number 6, is it D, cannot be determined because its staying still? Or could it be intervals 5<t<7 (b)?