Results 1 to 6 of 6

Math Help - Sketches of polar curves

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    From
    At Home loll, Well Mauritius
    Posts
    2

    Sketches of polar curves

    Hellow everyone. Well Ive gt some Hmwrk on polar curve sketching and I've done them. BuT in the book I used there's on answer about them. I'm studying a Distance Education MAths MOdule. Can anyone help me or sugest a software that can display these graphs for me to checK...

    well here are the equations:

    1. r=4sec [theta]

    2. r=3sin[theta]

    3. r=3cosec[theta]

    4. r[square]=a[square]sin 2[theta]

    5. r[square]sin 2[theta]=c[square]


    I'll be very glad if someone could really help.. Thanks in advance...
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    is up to his old tricks again! Jhevon's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    From
    New York, USA
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by shaheel16 View Post
    Hellow everyone. Well Ive gt some Hmwrk on polar curve sketching and I've done them. BuT in the book I used there's on answer about them. I'm studying a Distance Education MAths MOdule. Can anyone help me or sugest a software that can display these graphs for me to checK...

    well here are the equations:

    1. r=4sec [theta]

    2. r=3sin[theta]

    3. r=3cosec[theta]

    4. r[square]=a[square]sin 2[theta]

    5. r[square]sin 2[theta]=c[square]


    I'll be very glad if someone could really help.. Thanks in advance...
    this software can graph polar curves. it is very user friendly. if you have any questions on how to use it, say so
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    9,853
    Thanks
    321
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhevon View Post
    this software can graph polar curves. it is very user friendly. if you have any questions on how to use it, say so
    Okay, I'm stumped. How can you make this do polar graphs?

    -Dan
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    is up to his old tricks again! Jhevon's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    From
    New York, USA
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
    Okay, I'm stumped. How can you make this do polar graphs?

    -Dan
    click on "function" in the top menu bar, go to "insert function." at the very top of the dialogue box, there is a drop down menu titled "type of function." in this menu, there is an option for polar functions
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    9,853
    Thanks
    321
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhevon View Post
    click on "function" in the top menu bar, go to "insert function." at the very top of the dialogue box, there is a drop down menu titled "type of function." in this menu, there is an option for polar functions
    Let me just take this opportunity to say

    Doh!

    Thanks!

    -Dan
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    From
    At Home loll, Well Mauritius
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for your help Jhevon. Really appreciated.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Polar Curves and Arc Lengths
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 11th 2011, 10:14 AM
  2. area of polar curves
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 11th 2010, 05:54 PM
  3. Calculus of polar curves
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 28th 2009, 03:48 PM
  4. Intersection of Polar Curves
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 27th 2008, 03:22 PM
  5. Polar Curves.. PLEASE HELP!
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 21st 2005, 12:10 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum