I am having trouble with the following questions.
1) Find for
2) solve over C,
3) Express in polar form
4) find all solutions of the equation
1. Convert and to polars, use DeMoivre's Theorem. Then you can use the rule .
2. Convert to polar form, then use DeMoivre's Theorem to find the first solution. There will be two solutions, and the second is of the same magnitude and the two solutions are evenly spaced around a circle.
3. Multiply top and bottom by the bottom's conjugate. Then convert to Polars.
4. Start by testing different values of which satisfy this equation. Then use the factor theorem, and long divide.
5. Start by finding and .