Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - difference between 1/x and Cosech (x) graph

  1. #1
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    94

    difference between 1/x and Cosech (x) graph

    Hi
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the 1/x and Cosech(x) graph?
    Thanks
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    From
    Florida
    Posts
    3,093
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by gbenguse78 View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the 1/x and Cosech(x) graph?
    Thanks
    I presumbe you mean csch(x)

    \displaystyle\text{csch}(x)=\frac{1}{\sinh(x)}=\fr  ac{1}{\frac{e^x-e^{-x}}{2}}=\frac{2}{e^x-e^{-x}}

    Plug in different values and you will see they differ by a few decimals places.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by dwsmith View Post
    I presumbe you mean csch(x)

    \displaystyle\text{csch}(x)=\frac{1}{\sinh(x)}=\fr  ac{1}{\frac{e^x-e^{-x}}{2}}=\frac{2}{e^x-e^{-x}}

    Plug in different values and you will see they differ by a few decimals places.
    Thanks. I was asking more in relation to its basic features and sketch.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    From
    Florida
    Posts
    3,093
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by gbenguse78 View Post
    Thanks. I was asking more in relation to its basic features and sketch.
    It depends on your graph. If you are graphing between -100 and 100 scaled at 10, you won't see a difference. If you graph between 0.99 to 1.001 in increments of .0001, you will see a difference.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 29th 2011, 06:57 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 25th 2010, 06:59 AM
  3. Proof of inverse cosech(x)
    Posted in the Pre-Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 26th 2010, 02:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 15th 2009, 06:35 AM
  5. difference between finite element/finite difference method
    Posted in the Advanced Applied Math Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 2nd 2008, 12:03 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum