First of all, English is not my main language but I can not expect much help from the internet in my language so I decided to give it a try here. So if possible please hold back with shortcuts for words so I can look them up in the dictionary if I don't know them.
I got an assignment for a presentation and I was once a very lazy student so during that time I didn't listen in mathclass and I'm now missing a lot of knowledge so it'd be really hard to do this all by myself and in the holidays i can't get a tutor.
I'll try describing the assignment and hope you can give me a little hint on how I have to solve the question because right now I'm only aware that it's about Analysis but that's quite a big field..
I'm suppose to analyse the download of a file.
A file is downloaded in 40~ Seconds and at 6 points the speed was noted. I have an attached table but I won't post it since I don't expect you to solve the problem for me.
It goes like this 0sec=19kb/s, 5sec=19kb/s 11sec=12kb/s etc..
Now the assignments:
1) How did the speed probably act from 0-5 seconds ?
2) Roughly what remaining download-time would you have given at 5sec and at 19sec?
3) "shape" a "fully rational function 4th grade" (improvised translation, i hope you understand) that is nearly describing the measured speeds.
4) At which point is the download speed the highest and when is the download accelleration the highest?
5) Investigate the quality of your function with the help of the 2 pictures/images/maps (I'm not sure if he means 2 pictures of the download that are attached or the table, I'll try to find out). In which area could the speed have gone differently? how would it probably have gone?
6) At which time are the first 100KB of the file on your Computer?
7) How big is the real average speed during the whole 40 seconds? How big is it on your "fully rational function 4th grade"?
Any help would be appreciated. I have problems finding out how I have to start the assignments (What formulas do I need to know etc., I think it's about Integrals(?))
I hope you understand my english, it's even harder when it's about math..