Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - can anyone help me with these questions? what is the correct answer?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10

    can anyone help me with these questions? what is the correct answer?

    Is it a,b,c or d??

    1) solve log(x-3) +log(x-2) = log(2x+24)

    a)x=9
    b)x= -2
    c)x= -2, and x=9
    d)x= -9

    2)If (x-3) is a factor of f(x)=2X2 + ax-3,the value of a is:
    a)5
    b)3
    c)-5
    d)-3






    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by soso4 View Post
    Is it a,b,c or d??

    1) solve log(x-3) +log(x-2) = log(2x+24)

    a)x=9
    b)x= -2
    c)x= -2, and x=9
    d)x= -9

    2)If (x-3) is a factor of f(x)=2X2 + ax-3,the value of a is:
    a)5
    b)3
    c)-5
    d)-3

    1) Using a well known log rule, the equation simplifies to log[(x-3)(x-2)] = log(2x+24) => (x-3)(x-2) = 2x + 24. Either solve this equation or test each option. If you want to solve the equation, please show all your work and say where you get stuck if you need help.

    2) If (x - 3) is a factor then f(3) = 0. Solve for a.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fantastic View Post
    1) Using a well known log rule, the equation simplifies to log[(x-3)(x-2)] = log(2x+24) => (x-3)(x-2) = 2x + 24. Either solve this equation or test each option. If you want to solve the equation, please show all your work and say where you get stuck if you need help.

    2) If (x - 3) is a factor then f(3) = 0. Solve for a.
    actually i solved both the qusetions but i dont know if my answers are right...
    my answers:
    1)c
    2)c
    are they right??
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by soso4 View Post
    actually i solved both the qusetions but i dont know if my answers are right...
    my answers:
    1)c
    2)c
    are they right??
    Please show all your working. Then I'm willing to comment on your answers.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: July 29th 2011, 01:39 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 13th 2011, 03:00 AM
  3. [SOLVED] Is the answer correct?
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 12th 2011, 05:56 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 4th 2010, 04:46 PM
  5. Is my answer correct?
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 18th 2010, 05:50 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum