Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - Graphing Functions

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1

    Graphing Functions

    Does anyone know how to go about graphing the following functions?


    f(x) = 72/x
    0< x < 12 and 0< y < 72

    AND

    g(x) = log2/log(1+ x/100)

    0< x < 12 and 0< y < 72


    Thank you!
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,383
    Thanks
    1318
    Quote Originally Posted by Yepper View Post
    Does anyone know how to go about graphing the following functions?


    f(x) = 72/x
    0< x < 12 and 0< y < 72

    AND

    g(x) = log2/log(1+ x/100)

    0< x < 12 and 0< y < 72


    Thank you!
    Choose a number of values of x between 0 and 12, calculate the corresponding y, and plot the points (x,y). Have you tried that?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    From
    Africa
    Posts
    641

    Smile

    Hello
    for the second one, \frac{\log2}{\log(1+\frac{x}{100})}=\log(1-\frac{x}{100}) might help you
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Joined
    Aug 2009
    From
    Israel
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoh View Post
    Hello
    for the second one, \frac{\log2}{\log(1+\frac{x}{100})}=\log(1-\frac{x}{100}) might help you
    What?

    You seem to think that \frac{log(a)}{log(b)} = log(a-b), whereas the correct identity is log(\frac{a}{b}) = log(a) - log(b)

    The RHS isn't even defined for  x \geq 100, whereas for the LHS it is defined for x > -100...
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    From
    Africa
    Posts
    641

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Defunkt View Post
    What?

    You seem to think that \frac{log(a)}{log(b)} = log(a-b), whereas the correct identity is log(\frac{a}{b}) = log(a) - log(b)

    The RHS isn't even defined for  x \geq 100, whereas for the LHS it is defined for x > -100...
    Désolé,sorry,اسف..
    indeed you're right ,i missed up .
    thanks
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Help with graphing functions
    Posted in the Pre-Calculus Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 6th 2009, 11:56 AM
  2. graphing sin x functions
    Posted in the Trigonometry Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 7th 2009, 02:16 PM
  3. Graphing Functions
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 23rd 2008, 10:25 AM
  4. Graphing two functions
    Posted in the Pre-Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 27th 2008, 03:29 AM
  5. Graphing Functions
    Posted in the Pre-Calculus Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 28th 2007, 07:35 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum