Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - Subtracting Pi fractions

  1. #1
    Member
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    181

    Subtracting Pi fractions

    Hello,

    My fractions skills aren't that great, I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out.

    I'm trying to graph y=sin1/2(x+pi/4)

    I'm stuck the the End Period...

    Problem:

    How do I subtract this?

    (2pi) - (pi/4)

    Thanks
    -Mark
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    skeeter's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    From
    North Texas
    Posts
    11,623
    Thanks
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by l flipboi l View Post
    Hello,

    My fractions skills aren't that great, I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out.

    I'm trying to graph y=sin1/2(x+pi/4)

    I'm stuck the the End Period...

    Problem:

    How do I subtract this?

    (2pi) - (pi/4) common denominator ... (8pi/4) - (pi/4) = ?
    what do you hope to figure out by subtracting \frac{\pi}{4} from 2\pi ?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Member
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    what do you hope to figure out by subtracting \frac{\pi}{4} from 2\pi ?
    Thanks....7pi/4, I'm hoping to find the End Period of the graph
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    skeeter's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    From
    North Texas
    Posts
    11,623
    Thanks
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by l flipboi l View Post
    Thanks....7pi/4, I'm hoping to find the End Period of the graph
    ... the period of

    y = \sin\left[\frac{1}{2}\left(x+\frac{\pi}{4}\right)\right]

    is 4\pi , not 2\pi
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Subtracting Algerbra Fractions
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 16th 2011, 01:08 AM
  2. Subtracting Percents / Fractions
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 8th 2010, 01:09 PM
  3. [SOLVED] subtracting fractions
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 23rd 2010, 11:01 AM
  4. Subtracting Mixed Fractions
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 21st 2008, 12:19 AM
  5. Subtracting Fractions
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 18th 2006, 11:36 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum