I only expect a few answers, as this is very high level maths. Those of you that CAN work this stuff out, please could you show your workings out as I need it for school. I would do it myself but I was ill the entire time we did this subject and my teacher is very strict. T H A N K Y O U to whoever can give me any answers
1)A bullet travels at 1.35*10^3 m/s. The Duck is about 5.5*10^5 away. If I wanted to shoot Ali who was standing behind the Duck, how long would it take the bullet to get there? Answer in 3 Significant Figures.
2) In Mexico they produce around 2 103 360 000 kg of Taco's every year. How many banana's do they produce in 5 Years? (In standard Form, obviously.
3)Scientists have discovered an inhabitable planet 40 Light Years away. Given that 1 light year is 9.4605284*10^15 metres, how far is 40 light years in km? Standard form answer!
4) If the area of Australia is 7.692*10^6 km^2, what is that in square centimetres? Again, standard form answers.
5) The radius of the sun is 6.96*10^8m. What is the total surface area of the sun to 3.s.f? It's a sphere/ TSA of a sphere is 4πR^2.
6) Owen falls from a tower 9.3*10^3m high. He is falling at a constant speed of 1.2*10^4 km/h. How long does it take him to hit the ground? 3.S.F
7)How much weight crosses the Brooklyn bridge per day if the average car weights 2*10^3 kg aand in 2012 4.38*10^7 cars crossed(In one year). Give your answer as an ordinary number.
8) An Archaeopteryx's tail feather is 9.73*10^7 nanometers long. It increases by 2.43*10^3 nanometres every week. How long is it's feather after 3 days. Give your exact answer in standard form.
9) A goal was taken from 1.35*10^ -2 km from the net at a constant speed of 35m/s. How long did it take?
10)Assume that out galaxy is a cylinder. The diameter is 1.1*10^5 light years and the height is 3.2*10^2 light years. 1 light year = 9.5*10^12 km.
A) Work out the surface area to 3 sig figs in both square light years and square Km.
B) Work out the volume to 3.s.f in both cubic light years and cubic km.