Results 1 to 7 of 7

Math Help - a better way

  1. #1
    Newbie j.c.'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    From
    indiana, go colts
    Posts
    12

    a better way

    could you tell me if this website is usefull in learning what it is trying to teach,
    and if not could you show me a website that could.
    Tutorials for the Calculus Phobe
    thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    (I hope that gives you more rep)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c. View Post
    could you tell me if this website is usefull in learning what it is trying to teach,
    and if not could you show me a website that could.
    Tutorials for the Calculus Phobe
    thank you
    thank you
    thank you
    (I hope that gives you more rep)
    It looks good to me, but to be of use to you it needs to match your
    learning style. So the ultimate test is if you find it useful.

    RonL

    (My belief is that if you are finding some part of maths difficult you are
    probably thinking about it the wrong way - find the right way and it
    will be simple. Unfortunately the right way is not the same for everybody)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Global Moderator

    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    New York City
    Posts
    10,616
    Thanks
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by John Christina
    could you tell me if this website is usefull in learning what it is trying to teach,
    and if not could you show me a website that could.
    It looks cool with all the visiuals. In fact, I am going to denote much of might time looking at it. It might really help. How you find it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlank
    (My belief is that if you are finding some part of maths difficult you are
    probably thinking about it the wrong way - find the right way and it
    will be simple. Unfortunately the right way is not the same for everybody)
    My method is quite simple. Buy yourself a good textbook (Mc-Graw Hill or Prentice Hall) and read it and do the examples in it. That is how I taught myself math, including Calculus . But it apparently does not work for everyone, in fact, almost no one. I keep on hearing from people that reading the math textbook is worthless, but I disagree. I do not know why I am able to learn and they cannot, probably because I want to know it and am curois about it while they are not.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Newbie j.c.'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    From
    indiana, go colts
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePerfectHacker View Post
    It looks cool with all the visiuals. In fact, I am going to denote much of might time looking at it. It might really help. How you find it.


    My method is quite simple. Buy yourself a good textbook (Mc-Graw Hill or Prentice Hall) and read it and do the examples in it. That is how I taught myself math, including Calculus . But it apparently does not work for everyone, in fact, almost no one. I keep on hearing from people that reading the math textbook is worthless, but I disagree. I do not know why I am able to learn and they cannot, probably because I want to know it and am curois about it while they are not.
    John Christina? is that my new nick name?
    ...and my mom found it
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    MHF Contributor Quick's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    From
    New England
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlawedHacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustheretoChat View Post
    could you tell me if this website is usefull in learning what it is trying to teach,
    and if not could you show me a website that could.
    It looks cool with all the visiuals. In fact, I am going to denote much of might time looking at it. It might really help. How you find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nCrunch View Post
    (My belief is that if you are finding some part of maths difficult you are
    probably thinking about it the wrong way - find the right way and it
    will be simple. Unfortunately the right way is not the same for everybody)
    My method is quite simple. Buy yourself a good textbook (Mc-Graw Hill or Prentice Hall) and read it and do the examples in it. That is how I taught myself math, including Calculus . But it apparently does not work for everyone, in fact, almost no one. I keep on hearing from people that reading the math textbook is worthless, but I disagree. I do not know why I am able to learn and they cannot, probably because I want to know it and am curois about it while they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustheretoChat View Post
    John Christina? is that my new nick name?
    ...and my mom found it
    Don't worry, I'm not going to call you John Christina
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Newbie j.c.'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    From
    indiana, go colts
    Posts
    12
    how about this one "slow"!!!!!!! or justplainfast
    meeno!!!!
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    Newbie j.c.'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    From
    indiana, go colts
    Posts
    12
    i am not just here to chat i just cant reply to questions because i am not smart and you can quote me on that,
    i only post in the chat room because it is my favorite,
    and i asked a few questions and tryed to reply to a few,
    but it did not work out,
    but thanks for the nick-name.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum