Can someone please help me?
Here is the equation of a hyperbola in standard form: (1/10)(x - 1)^2 - (y - 1)^2 = 1 . Each of the next four questions refer to this hyperbola
1. Find the center
2. One of the two axes (transverse or conjugate) is parallel to the y-axis. Find its length
3. Find the two asymptotes for the hyperbola
4. Find the foci of the hyperbola
Here is the equation of an ellipse in standard form: (1/16)(x + 2)^2 + (1/9)(y - 5)^2 = 1 . Each of the next four questions refer to this ellilpse.
1. Find the center of the ellipse
2. Find the foci of the ellipse
3. Find the length of the major axis
4. Find the distance between the two foci
In each case you have a standard form and there are standard formulae for getting the answer to each of these questions. What formulae are given in your class notes or textbook? Where are you stuck?
Originally Posted by electrojunkie3