Click Chemistry: is a chemical philosophy introduced by Karl Barry Sharpless , the Noble Prize Winner in Chemistry for2001.It describes chemistry tailored to generate substances quickly and reliably by joining small units together. "Click" is meant to signify that the joining molecuar pieces is as easy as clicking together two pieces of bucle. This inspired by the fact that nature also generates substances by joining together small modular units.
Following is the list of 10 Click Commendments.
The process must be:
2) Wide in scope
3) Give high chemical yield of product
4) Generate only inoffensive by products, if any.
The process Must have:
6) Simple reaction Conditions
7) Readily available starting materials
8) No solvent or benign solvent (prefareably water)
9) Easy product isolation by distillation or crystllisation (no chromatography)
10) Large thermodynamic diving force > 84kJ