Could someone please help me with this logic puzzle
At a recent athletics meeting, five old acquaintances: Fred, Greta, Hans,
Iolo and Jan met together for the first time since leaving school, so they
had a lot of news to catch up on.
It seemed they all lived in different towns: Acton, Buswick, Coalford,
Derby and Eccles; and that they all had different jobs which were, in no
particular order: an engineer, a lawyer, a teacher, a doctor and a
To round it off, each one was the winner in just one event at the meeting.
These were: 100 metres, 400 metres, 1500 metres, High Jump and
The following facts were also known:
1. Hans the shopkeeper from Derby won the High Jump.
2. The lawyer was from Eccles and said he was not a runner.
3. Greta was P.E. teacher from Buswick and won the 1500 metres
4. The doctor, who came from Acton, did not win the 100 metres.
5. The person from Derby was not an engineer.
6. Iolo was an engineer from Coalford and did not win the 400 metres.
7. Jan was not a lawyer, but did win the the 400 metres.
8. Fred did not come from Acton and was not a runner.
(a) Which event did the person from Coalford win?
(b) Which town did Jan come from?
(c) What was the name of the lawyer?
(d) Which event did the engineer win?
(e) Which event did Fred win?
Please help asap,