I'm trying to help out my girlfriend with some of these physics questions, but it's been a while since I've studied this material. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1. Light passes from a crown glass container into water. Will the angle of refraction be
(1) greater than, (2) equal to, or (3) less than the angle of incidence? Explain your answer.
2. A person lying at poolside looks over the edge of the pool and sees a bottle cap on the bottom, directly below. If the depth of the pool is 3.2 m, how far below the water surface does the bottle cap appear to be?
3. At what angle to the surface must a submerged diver in a lake look toward the surface to see the setting sun just along the horizon?
4. A crown glass plate 2.5 cm thick is placed over a newspaper. How far beneath the top surface of the plate would the print appear to be if you were looking almost vertically downward through the plate?